A full fledged Ayurveda and Panchakarma treatment center in a friendly residential area. The center, also known as Harivihar Heritage Homestead and Ayurvedic Resort offer treatment for various diseases like arthritis ,low back pains of different causes, obesity, stress & anxiety, headaches etc are treated here with good results. Harivihar has integrated clinics exclusively for Neurological and related diseases.
Harivihar has 5 double rooms with twin beds and 2 single rooms. All rooms have hot and cold showers with western toilets and wash basins. Rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi access.
Compulsorily pure vegetarian, wholesome food at Harivihar is prepared in tune with Ayurveda philosophy. The food is mildly spiced with less oil and is served fresh as per the meal time. Food is served as per the prescriptions and restrictions as decided by the Ayurveda doctor.
There are 2 treatment rooms and two persons can undergo treatment at one time. At least two masseurs would be present for each treatment schedule which can last from 20 to 90 minutes, depending on the procedure. Ayurveda treatment at Harivihar is taken care by Sakalya Ayurveda Center, a reputed Ayurveda group in Kerala. Ayurveda treatments would require use of internal medicine, which are sometimes pungent to taste, but ultimately gives good result.
Harivihar offers basic and advanced training of yoga. Yoga is offered by the Yoga teacher Mr. Gopalji from Sivananada Yoga School, one of the prominent Yoga institutes in the world. He is an expert in healing diabetes, stress, back-pain etc using Yoga practice.The usual Yoga timing is 7 am till 8.30 am.
1. Authentic Kerala cookery shows and classes
2. Cultural programmes
3. In-house traditional bathing pond.
4. Visit to boat making center – Beypore Uru Yard. (10 km)
5. Visit to loom. A heritage working loom where you can get an experience of the working of an old textile loom.(4 km)
6. Visit Mittai Theruvu – a street selling variety of traditional sweets.
7. Visit Kappad beach-the site where Vasco da Gama, a Portuguese explorer, first landed in India.(13 km)
08. Visit Chemanchery back waters-The back waters of Malabar are beautiful and less touristy. You can see backwater village life and take a canoe ride with the locals,if you wwsh to.
09. Visit Mishkal mosque-an old historical mosque located in the city(5 km
10 .Visit a temple festival-There are plenty of small temples in the city and Harivihar can organise visits to most of these festivals. Festival times are spread from November till March every year.
11.Visit a Kalari school. As you know, Kalari is a highly evolved traditional art of self defense. Classes are usually held in the early morning hours. So plan accordingly.
12. The Spice Bazar at Calicut / Kozhikode are the oldest in Kerala where Chinese, Arabs and the Europeans came to trade for the legendary spices of Malabar.(5km)
Address to reach: Bilathikkulam, Calicut, Kerala – PIN: 673006
Harivihar Heritage Homestead and Ayurvedic Resort AKA Harivihar Ayurvedic Heritage Home is well suitable for couples or sole travellers who loves Ayurveda mixed with silence, relaxation and heritage.