This is the best way to explore the real and remote villages of Alleppey. This 10 Hour Kayaking Cruise is a full day light experience.
The trip starts from Thottathodu bridge near Keraleeyam Resort, Aleppey. The kayaking tour starts 06:30 am and ends by 04:30 pm. So it is good to reach the spot by 06:00 am.
SNDP canal, Kuppapuram village and Kuppapuram School, Panakal Thode, Umpikaran thode (if water level is low, we take a different route), Muttel bridge, Minapally lake, Kannitta, Chungam, Chennamkary Vattakayal. Kainakary village, Kainakary north village, Pallathruthi, Nehru Trophy venue. Tour ends at SNDP canal.
Canoe boat & Sit on Top Kayak, Beginners advanced kayak, tea, tender coconut, mineral water, snacks, juice, life jacket, breakfast at village restaurant, Lunch at village restaurant, swimming, village walk, toddy shop visit, local dishes, tea with local villagers, interact with local village people, island visit.
Transportation, insurance, tips, expenses of personal nature
Things to bring – if required
Caps, sun glass, changing dress, towels, Mosquito repellent
- Knowing swimming is necessary.
- No need for previous kayaking experience.
- Punting canoe boat takes 8 hours to cover the same distance we cover in this 4 hour trip.
- The trip is fit for any aged group (With support mechanized boat assistance).
- While crossing lakes and large canals, cruising is on mechanized shikkara boat.
- Breakfast near Kuppapuram village
- Short break at Chennamkary Vattakayal for rest or swimming in the lake.
- Toddy shop visit to enjoy the fresh toddy, tapiyoca and shell fry near Kainakary river.
- Lunch at Pallathruthi.
- Transportation can be arranged at extra cost from your place of residence.
Minimum two people required to conduct the tour.
The rate can vary with out notice.