A half day kayaking cruise. 7 Hour Kayaking Cruise includes lunch at local village restaurant. Advantage of this tour is that, we get more time to spend in the villages, visit toddy shop, join for a tea with locals at a local village shop, swimming etc.
The trip starts from Thottathodu bridge near Keraleeyam Resort, Aleppey. The kayaking tour starts 11:30 am and ends by 06:30 pm. So it is good to reach the spot by 11:00 am.
SNDP canal, Kuppapuram village and Kuppapuram School, Panakal Thode, Umpikaran thode(if water level is low, we take a different route), Muttel bridge, Minapally lake, Kannitta , Chungam, Chennamkary Vattakayal. Kainakary village, Kainakary north village, Pallathruthi, Nehru Trophy venue. Tour ends at SNDP canal.
Mechanized Shikkara boat as support boat & Sit on Top Kayak, Beginners advanced kayak, Tea, Tender Coconut, mineral water, Snacks, Juice, Life jacket, Lunch at village restaurant, Swimming, Village walk, local dishes, Tea with local villagers, Interact with local village people,
Transportation, insurance, tips, expenses of personal nature
Things to bring – if required
Caps, sun glass, changing dress, towels, Mosquito repellent
- Knowing swimming is necessary.
- No need for previous kayaking experience.
- Punting canoe boat takes 8 hours to cover the same distance we cover in this 4 hour trip.
- The trip is fit for any aged group (With support mechanized boat assistance).
- While crossing lakes and large canals, cruising is on mechanized shikkara boat.
- Short break at Kainakari for rest or swimming in the lake.
- Toddy shop visit to enjoy the fresh toddy, tapiyoca and shell fry near Kainakary river.
- Tea break at Pallathruthi.
- Transportation can be arranged at extra cost from your place of residence.
Minimum two people required to conduct the tour.
The rate can vary with out notice.